Sunday, December 31, 2017

Happy New Year and New Year Resolutions/Goals


Happy New Year from the cold environs of New York City. After taking a break from blogging after the Coloring Across America Tour, I have returned today to share my new year's resolutions/goals  with you.

This year is going to be dedicated to Coloring. I will taking on a lot more coloring challenges this year. I will also be participating in Swaps and sending out more snail mail with more postcards and penpals. I also want to continue to develop better lettering styles.

Here are my specific goals this year:

  • I want to finishing coloring the entire Nature Escapes Coloring Book by Crayola. I will share each image as it is complete. You can following the pages by viewing the label CrayolaNatureEscapes
  • I plan on coloring each day and I plan on coloring in my Coloring 2018 Calendar (label DailyColoring).
  • I also plan on completing each week of The Mindfulness Coloring Engagement Calendar 2018 by Emma Farrarons. I will experiment and evaluate with different media but will primarily color with Copic Markers (label WeeklyColoring).
  • I hope to illustrate a daily quote from the book 365 Days of Wonder by R.J. Palacio. I have tried to do a daily motivation quote challenge but would spend so much time searching for quotes that I like that I would have little time for lettering. I ran across this book at Target and my hopes were answered. I don't know if I will post these every day. I might do a consolidation post at the end of each week. I have a backup source called Advice from my 80-year-old self by Susan O'Malley if I need extra quotes (label DailyQuotes). 
  • Finally, I have accepted the challenge from Lin-Manuel Miranda to join his book club and read The Complete Shakespeare during 2018. We will have monthly reading assignments. I plan to keep my reading assignments, thoughts, and comments in my Hobonichi planner (label AYearWithShakespeare).









No comments: