Saturday, December 9, 2017

Day Five




Today's coloring challenge is two pages from a 2018 Page a Day Coloring Calendar that I bought on Amazon. This is the perfect way to get your daily dose of coloring done. Each page is about 5 1/4 inches by 4 3/8 inches. The coloring area is about 3 1/8 inches by 3 3/4 inches. The paper is thin but holds up well to colored pencils and markers. The paper is very porous so blending might be an issue for some. I used the Crayola Super Thins. I would be interested to see how my Copic Markers would do. I hope to get the chance to try crayons on the third sheet that I brought along. This would make a great gift for the coloring enthusiast in your family. The back side of each sheet could be used as scratch paper but there is a lot of bleed through with the markers although there wasn't any feathering of color when using the water based markers. I will let you know how the Copic Markers do when I return from the tour. There are a variety of styles presented in the calendar and the small size is great without getting overwhelming should the pattern be overly complicated.

January 1 Before
January 1 After (with colored pencils)
January 2 After (with markers)
As you can see in the second example, the layering of color works with some colors better than other colors. For the leaves, the light green was applied first and the darker green afterwards. The effect turned out more streaky than layered. For the flower leaves, the yellow was applied first and the orange and ochre applied afterwards with better results.




No comments: