Friday, December 15, 2017

Day Eleven


Today's coloring assignment is the final page from the three page spread I brought along from the book Christmas Adult Coloring Book as shown above.

This page is similar to the page I did with colored pencils. It is simply a page of ornament balls with different levels of designs. It is a rather simple page to color in that you can decide how complex a color palette to use, As you can see below, I chose from two colors to eight colors for each ornament.

I am getting used to the waxy nature of the new crayons and I am  starting to wonder if the waxy texture is because they are new. The colors seem to layer better once they have been used. I am anxious to see how my Caran d'Arche non-soluble crayons work on this paper.


I am happy with the way this turned out. I think the most successful treatment was the marker page, followed the the crayon page and then the colored pencil page. I will experiment on two more pages when I return home. I am really interested to see how my Copic markers and  other crayons work.

This is a very enjoyable book and contains different styles and levels of illustrations to color. Many of the designs are not overly complicated and those that are more complex can be simplified by limiting the color palette.

By the time you read this, I will be on the train and returning to Chicago for the second half of my trip where I take the trains South.

Colored Pencils Page

Markers Page

No comments: