Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Studio and Craft Hacks--Day 2



This is a continuation of the craft room hacks. This one is so easy that I am a little embarrassed to share it. I have several stations in my studio that are in need of paper towels. One is the wet station where I do painting and pasting. The other is the spray station where I do splatter painting, spray gluing and alcohol ink spraying. It is a major hassle to go and get paper towels from the kitchen when I need them since I tend to forget until I am in the middle of doing something.

I have some extra dowels in my stash and when I was at Target, I came across these 3M adhesive hooks. I bought them not know how I was going to use them. I noticed that the poles for my storage unit was just about the same width as the the 3M hook backing. Following the instructions, I placed a hook on each pole of the storage unit. I cut the dowel using my Exacto mini-saw and now I have a paper towel holder. I placed one at each of the stations where they were needed.

3M Hook and dowel
The beautiful part of this is that it can easily be taken down. The dowel is easy to remove so that the paper towel roll can be replaced. More importantly, the dowel and paper towels can be removed if access to the shelf is needed.

Easy access to the shelf




No comments: