Tuesday, August 29, 2017

NY Post Cards



Today's entry is a postcard swap that I did. The theme was sender's choice and I had some scraps of paper from a subway map that I had left over from a previous project. I glued the paper to a watercolor card that I had cut previously. I used a NYC stencil set have several manhole covers, bricks, and the letters NYC. I used a extra fine tip Sharlie in black. I filled in the bricks and letters to create some dimension. I used a yellow marker to highlight the letters of NYC. I then used my new NY wax seal to create the raised button on NYC manhole covers. I stamped the seal with gold pigment ink before pressing into navy blue wax.



For the reverse, I used alcohol inks to create a Tokyo manhole cover. The manhole system in Japan is world renown and the Japanese people take extreme pride in them. There are many special covers and many covers are designed specifically for the local market. There are an estimated 6000 manhole covers in the country of Japan. If you want to find out more and see pictures, please visit here.

To add interest to the reverse side, I found some amazing used NY postage stamps from my collection to tie the front and back together.


Here is the wax seal page for the new NY wax seal.

No comments: