Monday, August 28, 2017

Another Coloring Page



Today, I wanted to share another coloring assignment with you. The above image is the final image that has been blended. I used Caran d'Ache Supracolor Soft Pencils and water to blend the color.

I tend to prefer repeating patterns when coloring. So the first step is to define a pattern and start coloring it in. Once the pattern is completed, I start coloring each element within the pattern for the entire page. I then move on to the next element of the pattern.

Here, I started with the hearts that are at the center of the pattern.


You can see the whole pattern as it is planned. I forgot to take a photo of the second step but you can see it clearly below. This picture was taken after the third step when I started to fill in all of the red hearts.


I always keep a reference sheet as I go along. With these busy patterns, it is always easy to miss or forget a single element within the pattern. I keep the pencils aligned in the order I used them and always have a fully labeled color swatch handy just in case the pencils roll off my table.


Here is the fully colored page. The final step is to blend the colors with a medium tipped water brush. I used a Pentel Arts Aquash brand.


No comments: