Saturday, January 21, 2017

Hobonichi 20_21


I received a Hobonichi Techo 2017 as a gift. I received it on 20 January after a mail forwarding fiasco from December. It was a heartfelt gift given to me by someone but I really didn't know what to do with it. For some reason, I thought the journal was going to be a different size. The size is an A6 journal which is about 4 by 5.5 inches.

There are a variety of Pinterest and Instagram hashtags regarding this journal. I decided to fall through the rabbit hole to try and find some inspiration. The pages work well with pens, fountain pens, and  Tombow markers without too much bleed through. It does not work well with Sharpie markers because of the bleed through.

I will be sharing a two page spread every other day as I complete them. I have decided to use a marker legend to coordinate thoughts and notations. Yellow will highlight commentary/thoughts. Orange will highlight work related items. Pink will highlight creative items and Purple will highlight miscellaneous items.

These past two days feature the inauguration and its aftermath.

No comments: