Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Iron Craft 2016 Challenge #14--Faeries


The title of Challenge #14 was Copy Cat. I really struggled with this challenge because I just wasn't finding any inspiration that truly inspired me. As I was reading through my weekly feed, Susi from our very own Just Crafty Enough blogged about the British Invasion. In her stockpile of goodies, she showed some woodcut fairies and some paper fairies and I said--I can do that.

I found an image from Dover Productions and set out to cut my own. The beauty of doing it yourself that you can pick your own colors (classic black--above) or a salmon colored fairy.


Or you can cut a smaller one out of a pastel purple.

 
You can see the two different sizes below.

Or you can cut it even smaller out of a pink card stock. Although, it does look like she is about to eat a corn dog.


Medium vs Smaller.

So thanks Susi for the inspiration.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Make her with a corn dog and she is the fairy of the State Fair! This are so beautiful and remind me of the paper cut Christmas ornaments we saw in Denmark.