For Challenge Number Eight, we were tasked with creating something "unexpected." Either something hidden or something made from an unknown or surprising material. If you have been following along with my Iron Craft Challenges, you know that I have been trying to use my surplus materials. I used this challenge to completely annihilate a stock of material that I have had over five years. I never really knew what I was going to do with it but it was so cool to me at the time that I bought bunches of it. I also used this challenge to commemorate the one year anniversary of our showing running at the theater. I decided to make bouquets of flowers for the women in our show. And they were all made out of duct tape. Yep. DUCT TAPE.
I searched online for duct tape projects and was directed to a YouTube video and I then adapted the techniques for these flowers. Each flower is dedicated to one of the women in the show. The colors are chosen based on their costumes. If I didn't have the correct color, I wrote lines or lyrics from the show on the petals.
|Underside of the flower|