Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Iron Craft 2016 Challenge #1--Pamphlet Stitch Book


Happy New Year. For the first challenge of 2016, we were asked to create something for the Fifth Anniversary of the Iron Craft Challenges--daisy, wood, or silverware. I have to admit that I was a little perplexed by the challenge.

Originally, I was going to dedicate one of my 365 Day Challenge quotes to the theme (see above). After finishing the page, I felt that it was probably a little cheating (self-imposed definition) so I decided to create a separate project.

After the end of each month of my 365 Day Challenge, I will bind the pages into a pamphlet stitch book. Therefore, I decided to mock up a prototype book for the Iron Craft Challenge. I used some marbled paper that I had on hand and black book cloth for the spine.

Front of the book
Yet, I needed something to apply to the theme. I found this beautiful paper with a wood grain stain on it. The perfect compliment to the marbled paper and the solution to the theme of the Iron Craft Challenge.
Wood Grain End sheets
I am very happy with the way that this turned out.

1 comment:

kat said...

I love that wood grain paper! It is unusual to find it in that color and a perfect solution to the challenge.