Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Iron Craft 2014 Challenge #13-Star Card (Project 26)


For this challenge, we were tasked with making something using stars or stripes or both in celebration of Independence Day in the United States. This wasn't the project that I had originally designed but life and work got in the way so I went for simple.

The only problem is that simple wasn't simple. I had a difficult time getting the proportions correct in relationship of the center star to the outer star. And I still don't think that I have it centered correctly.

The background paper is a hand marbled paper with gold metallic inks so it really pops against the black card. I don't know what occasion that I will use this for but I am sure that I can come up with an appropriate celebration.

2 comments:

kat said...

Stars are so much harder than they should be is what I've learned ;) I think it would make a lovely Christmas card.

Manisha said...

I think the off-proportions and the background paper add movement to your star. I love it!