Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Iron Craft 2014 Challenge #8--Easter Eggs (Project 16)


The eighth Iron Craft Challenge was dedicated to Spring. While we have had another cold snap in NYC, Spring has teased us with several nice days followed by several cold, windy and chilly days. For me, Spring has always been represented by flowers and Easter.

So for my Spring project, I decided to share some of my Easter eggs. The smaller chicken eggs was posted previously but the larger goose eggs are new for this challenge. The smaller eggs were silk die and over-dyed.

The larger goose eggs were done with a silk dyeing technique but were left with a matte finish. The goose egg in the middle was marbled using fingernail polish.

1 comment:

kat said...

We have had the same teases of spring followed by bursts of snow here in MN. I think the nail polish egg turned out really cool.