Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Project #3--Flat Back Journal

Final Project-- Flat Back Journal

This week's project is a coordinated project for the Iron Craft Challenge that is due next week. I had some leftover materials from that project (I will share it with you next week on reveal day) and I was already in the studio so I decided to make something with the materials. I hate wasting materials but I also hate inventorying materials as well. Therefore, I try and make stuff with whatever bits and pieces that I have around being unused.

This is a pre-made text block from Hollander's (which is one of my favorite online supply stores). It is the medium sized Diary block. The pages are approximately 4.75 inches by 6.5 inches. There is a one day spread for each day. Since the pages only have the month and date printed this would work for any time of the year. I plan on using this for my gym journal to keep track all my exercises.

Add caption
The Nordic Blue Book Cloth a remnant from the previous project. I decided to do a 3/4 binding since I was running short of this piece of book cloth. The Blue Crane paper is from a larger sheet of paper that I brought from Japan. It is one of my favorite patterns and I have used it sparingly since I can no longer replace it. Since this was a project for myself, I decided to be a little selfish and use the last pieces of the paper.

The end sheets are pieces that were left over from project mock ups. It is a blue wood grain paper that was not used in the previous project. I wanted something different than the Crane paper but that would coordinate with it. I only needed two small pieces for the end sheets so this was a perfect fit.

End Sheets

It has been a while since I have made one of these journals so it was good to get back in the saddle with this project--especially since it only had to please myself. While it isn't a perfect sample, I am pleased with the way it turned out.


No comments: