Thursday, November 7, 2013

More Space

Painting on the wall
Sometimes you just need more space. When living in a NYC apartment (actually, I live in da Bronx) you try and find as much space as possible. Rather than take up floor space for a future Iron Craft Challenge, I decided to put newspaper on the wall and then paint on the paper on the wall. This has a variety of advantages, namely you can paint while standing rather than while on your knees. Secondly, it frees up floor space so you don't have to worry about stepping on your project in the middle of the night as you run to the restroom.

More wall space
Another example of using my wall space is my curling ribbon storage. I simply hammered 3" nails into the wall and hung the ribbon spoons from the nails.

Elfa Storage
A final examples is an over the door frame Elfa storage unit that I use for a print drying rack. I shared this example years ago but I wanted to include it in this post as well. Sometimes, you just gotta find space where you can.



No comments: