Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Iron Craft Challenge #23--Wrapping Paper

White Themed Wrapping

For this Iron Craft Challenge we were given a color challenge--WHITE. According to the instructions: "So, your challenge for this week is to make something white. White doesn't need to be the only color in your project, but it should be prominent."

For this challenge, I knew that I wanted to do a recycled/upcycled project. I have a friend who has hired me to decorate her house for the upcoming Christmas season. Her theme this year is a "Recycled Christmas." They have vowed to donate all unused clothes and toys to those in need. They will be exchanging homemade gifts to each other and family and have vowed not to buy any gift--only to buy the materials to make the gifts they decide to give.

To decorate the gifts, I came up with this idea of taking pre-used package stuffing materials and painting it. The brown paper was packaging paper from work that I have been collecting for several years. My co-workers are always making fun of me since I will hoard/collect any paper product that I might be able to upcycle.

The paper was painted with acrylic paints in white and silver. 

I then made paper ribbon by using the interior of security envelopes. Once again, I have been waiting for the right project to use these security envelopes. I have been saving envelopes for many years. I have always been infatuated with the different patterns that appear.

Paper Ribbon Detail

I am very happy with the way this package turned out and my friend has signed off on the decorating scheme. More importantly, this gift is actually a gift for my boss' wife as a Hanukkah gift. Both the paper and the ribbon can really be adapted to any type of holiday/gift.

1 comment:

Just Crafty Enough said...

Oh my gosh, how clever! I'm always hoarding stuff for future crafts too. It' no wonder my craft space looks the way it does.