Tuesday, October 22, 2013

31 Days of Halloween--Day 22; Iron Craft Challenge #21--Halloween Beer Glasses


This Iron Craft Challenge is titled "Cheers" and tasks us to "make something that has to do with beverages or uses something related to beverages (bottle, corks, glasses, cans) as a supply."  Since I am still in the middle of my 31 Days of Halloween blogging challenge, I decided to do something that has a Halloween theme. Also, since I have been asked to provide the decorations for a friend's birthday party that will be Halloween related, I decided to something that will meet all three criteria--31 Days of Halloween Challenge, Iron Craft Challenge, and adult decorating for a birthday/Halloween Party.

I had already done a post about using static clings to decorate glass plates, so I decided to decorate some acrylic glasses that I purchased from a party store so they could be used at the birthday party. The group that will be attending the party will all be adults and primarily beer drinkers so I decided to use these large sized glasses. There are two designs that I will be using for the decorations of the party--the skull motif and a Devils Brew motif.

Two beer glasses
The first design is a skull that wraps around onto each side of the glass. The image came from a Yahoo Images search. The design is applied to the glass using Waterslide Decal Paper for Laser Printers by Lazertran. I simply followed the instructions and applied the decal to the outside of the glass. I purposely left about a 2 inch gap between the top of the decal and the top of the glass so people could feel comfortably drinking from all sides of the glass. Some people might not like pressing their lips against the decal--although it really didn't bother me.

Skull Glass
The second glass is based on a theme of the party--a Devils Brew. The invitations will be using this design and will welcome people to attend in order to try a new "Devils Brew." The invitation is based on a standard wine tasting invitation although the beer is simply bottled beer.

This is another image that I found online through Yahoo Images. The image wraps around to both sides of the glass. The word "Devils" appears on the left side of the glass and the word "brew" appears on the right side of the glass. Since the lettering is on a vertical plane rather than a horizontal plane, we had to do a play on words because the apostrophe -s didn't read on the image. So, at the door of the party, everyone will receive a pair of devil's horns to wear throughout the nights. Therefore, it becomes the brew of a "bunch of devils."


Devils Brew Glass
Left side of glass
Right side of flass
 The text looks a little skewed but it really doesn't look this bad. The sides of the glass are angled so that doesn't read as badly as it photographs.

The final product

Of course, I had to fill them up (and empty them) to make sure they worked. This project is one of the most time intensive so far in the 31 Days of Halloween series in that it took about two hours to design and test all of the products used. Now that the project is designed, I will be able to assembly line the product and turn these out very quickly. I have to make about 50 of these glasses for the party.

1 comment:

Just Crafty Enough said...

This makes me want to pull out my decals & start making more stuff!