Tuesday, October 1, 2013

31 Days of Halloween--Day 1


So, today starts the 31 day adventure of Halloween 2013. I wanted to start off with an easy project. The total time for this project was a total of 5 minutes. I wanted to simulate a jar full of eyeballs in formaldehyde. The jar is an old pickle jar. The eyeballs are bouncy ball eyeballs from the dollar store (two bags at $1 each). I added the balls to the empty jar and filled it with water. I then poured out the water into a disposable container.
To color the water, I took two yellow highlighters (99 cents each). I popped out the bottom cap with a screwdriver. I then pulled out the yellow felt ink tube. I then sliced the tube along the side to expose the inked felt. (BTW, wear latex gloves for this). I then dipped the felt into the water in the disposable container and let the felt sit there for five minutes. I then squeezed out the extra liquid from the felt and discarded the felt.

Jar of Eyeballs
Top View
under Black Light
Side View
under Black Light

I am very happy with the way this turned out and it is a very easy project to start off the month.


No comments: