Monday, September 30, 2013

Week 38

Final Variation (Front)
Final Variation (Back)

This week's card is the final glitter variation of the Happy Birthday Daisy card. As you can see, I kept the solid center daisy and used them alone or with a background. The one's without backgrounds were glued directly to the card stock. The ones with backgrounds were mounted using small glue dots for dimension.

I then changed the Happy Birthday salutation so that it took up less of the card and so more flowers would show through (as compared to the first variation--see below). I am not totally happy with the glitter which shows you what happens when you use a white background with jewel tone glitter. Also, this is what happens when you use a crappy glitter. The greeting was mounted using large glue dots.

The card stock is the Duplex combination of chartreuse and ivory.

Original Card (front)
Original Card (back)
First variation (Front)
First variation (Back)

I don't know which is my favorite card but I am leaning towards the original card. I have a lot of leftover materials from making these cards so I will have to determine what to do next.

Finally, I hope that you will follow along my 31 Days of Halloween journey. Everything starts tomorrow. I hope to see you then.


No comments: