Monday, September 16, 2013

Week 36

Back of the Card
This week's card is a Birthday card for one of my favorite people in the world. She is definitely a girlie type of girl so I wanted to so something special for her. The back of the card has the salutation and has enough room to write a short message.

The flat is made from Duplex card stock that has a lemon yellow on one side and a chartreuse on the opposite side. For the front of the card, I wanted to do a selection of daisies. The bottom layer of daisies are the blue daisies glued directly to the card.

The middle layer are the yellow/green daisies and the red/pink daisy. They are mounted using small sized foam dots.  The top layer of daisies are the yellow/purple daisies that are mounted with larger/thicker sized foam dots. 

I wanted to add some dimension to the card especially since I knew that I was going to hand deliver the card to her in NYC. All of the daisies on the middle and top layers were mounted to contrasting background card stock and the backgrounds were cut to add the border. 

Front of the card
The vellum envelope was fully lined with pop art paper featuring a different style of daisy. The card was designed based on the liner paper
Fully lined envelope

In the future, I think that I will design the daisy with a solid center so I don't have to mount them on the contrasting background. Overall, I am very happy with the way that the card turned out.

No comments: