Monday, September 9, 2013

Week 35

Just sayin' Hello
The goal of this week's card was a neutral card for people to send to others. A "Thinking of You" card so to speak. Another aspect of this week's card was to practice for my Iron Craft Challenge that is due tomorrow. The first version of the card is simply a cut out hello made from green card stock that was mounted on a flat card made from the Blue/Ivory Duplex Stock.

Since the theme for the Iron Craft Challenge due tomorrow is "sparkle," I decided to practice with some shiny card stock/paper. The first "sparkle" attempt was made from mirror card stock. This card stock has a blue mirror film laminated on a piece of 35 lb card stock. While I am not completely happy with the results--especially since the film seems to separate on the curved cuts--I think that it will be suitable for the Iron Craft project.

Version 2
For the final version, I decided to use some "glitter paper" that I found on sale at Target for 99 cents a package (for two 12 x 12 inch sheets). I wanted to try this paper to see how it cuts and how loose the glitter is applied. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised at how well the paper handled. While the glitter still got over my work surface, it will be nothing compared to how the glitter will spread when I hand glitter items for tomorrow.

Version 3
I was happy with the way these turned out, in all versions, and I will probably start selling the original and final versions.


No comments: