Tuesday, September 3, 2013

More Tissue Flowers

More Tissue Flowers
Painted and Unpainted
Today, I wanted to return to a previous project that I did for an Iron Craft Challenge. I started talking about my tissue flowers here and did an Iron Craft Challenge here. I wanted to continue working on forming the tissue flowers into different shapes by manipulating the number of layers and the lengths of the individual sheets of paper. I also wanted to continue to play with color. I used more of my Dr PH Martin Watercolor concentrate to color the sheets of the tissue and used 8 layers of paper. The layers for divided into three sections--2 top layers, 3 inner layers, and 3 bottom layers. All layers were edged with scalloped edgers.

Below shows some of the off-cuts that were not used in the making of the flowers. There were five different colors used on the bottom layers, four different colors used on the inner layers, and three colors used of the top layers.

Bottom layer, inner layer, and top layer
Each sheet is colored by hand and each layer is handled together. Once the layers are saturated with color, they become quite fragile. Each layer is slightly dried with a hand held craft heat gun until it can be handled and moved so it can be completely dried. Each set of layers are designed together.

All eight sheets drying.
Below is a detail shot of the finished product. I really enjoy the way that the colors dry and coordinate with each other.

No comments: