Monday, August 19, 2013

Week 32

Front of Card
This week, I wanted to have a little fun with my nephews. They aren't my real nephews but are the twin sons of a very dear friend. Of course, I was late with their birthday present again this year. I knew that I wanted to send them some gift cards but I was also supposed to make them some hand painted t-shirts but I didn't have enough time to get them done. Considering they celebrate their birthdays for the entire month of August, I still have some time left.

So this year, I decided to play a little joke on them. Usually, I send them their present via FedEx because I always seem to miss their actual birthday. So for this year, I sent them a box of battery operated tea lights. Of course, the tea lights will make no sense but the anticipation of opening the box should be priceless. The bewildered looks on their faces when they get the tea lights should be pretty funny.

Several days later (when I know they have received the package and they have stewed in confusion for a little bit) I will mail them this week's card. Of course, it will be sent in a vellum envelope with image #1 showing through the envelope. Yes, I know that it is upside down.
Inside of Card
Once they open they card, they will find the above. I will write something in the card before sending it off and the gift cards will be taped to the open end of the card (the liner is adhered to the card using double sided tape on the left edge only). I will then tell them to use the first birthday present (the tea lights) for it all to make sense.
Open Card with Tea Lights
The final surprise. I hope they get as much joy out of this card as I have had in making it. Happy Birthday boys and good luck in your first year in high school.

No comments: