Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Vellum Envelope

Front of envelope

In a previous post, I mentioned that sometimes I like to leave part of a vellum envelope transparent so that part of the card can be viewed through the reverse of the envelope. A couple of people asked what I meant by that statement so I decided to use two previous projects to illustrate the point.

In the previous post dealing with envelope liners, I demonstrated how to cut to size a business sized envelope liner that would be adhered to the inside of the envelope (rather than the floating model mentioned here).  So, the liner is cut to size with the pattern facing towards the front of the envelope (as shown above). This means that the flap of the liner will only be showing on the reverse side of the envelope.

Therefore, the back of the envelope is available to preview the card/contents of the envelope. I decided to show how the Pride Card that I discussed here would look in this envelope.


Back of envelope with card inside
So you can see, part of the card is displayed in the clear portion of the envelope. More likely than not, I would place the address on the reverse/back side of the envelope so that the front view is unobstructed.


No comments: