Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Iron Craft Challenge #17--More Board Shorts


For this challenge, we were asked to complete a UFO--UnFinished Object. In a previous challenge, I made three pair of board shorts. They turned out so well that I decided to make some more pairs. Each pair of shorts are made from slacks from the 50s, 60s and 70s that were going to be thrown away. They are found in many of the thrift shops that I frequent and are usually held for me by the owners. I usually get them for less than $5 a pair. Rather than throw them away or send them to the landfill, they save them for me.

To turn them into board shorts, I shorten the length and add a one inch hem. I also tailor the legs to fit the contours of my legs. Now that I have a pattern, I can turn these pants into shorts in about 30 minutes. Thanks to this challenge, I now have 7 more pair of shorts--just in time for the Summer to Fall change of weather.

1 comment:

Just Crafty Enough said...

You have quite a wardrobe going now! If the weather here is any sign you'll be wearing them for awhile more this year.