Thursday, July 25, 2013

Subway Art #3


Today's blog entry is a test of the iPad Blogger App. I am at the theater right now and didn't have time to post this from the office. The photos were taken with the iPad camera. I am interested in seeing how the post is formatted when viewed on a regular computer screen.
Today's envelope is for a letter that I am sending to my aunt. I am following along with the book Creative Doodling and Beyond that I reviewed in an earlier post. The goal of the exercise was to use a repetitive element for a border. I tried to do this for the front of the envelope but as you can see, it didn't quite turn out that way.

The funny aspect of the exercise for me was how stiff I was with the hearts. As the hearts got smaller the looser my wrists got and the better the hearts. Also, I started off going clockwise with the heart shape (i.e., right side heart, then left side heart). When I started to reverse the process, the freer my wrists became.

The back of the envelope was based on a set of repetitive actions. Star bursts in two colors and then spirals in one color but in three different directions. I then added dots in black but in two sizes.

Front side of the envelope took 8 minutes and the back took 4 minutes. BTW, the blue paper is temporary to hide addresses. 

Add caption

No comments: