Thursday, June 27, 2013

Art vs Craft Part 2

Option 1

As mentioned in a previous post, I am trying to incorporate craft tools into my bookbinding projects. Here is another edge treatment that I am working on. I inaccurately mentioned that this was a Celtic Knot pattern when in actuality, it is a Greek Key pattern.

I haven't quite decided how I will use these pages but I will think of something. Someone asked me about the asymmetrical placement of the punch. Yes, there is more room at the bottom of the edge treatment than at the top. This was done purposefully so that the reader can turn the pages of the book without damaging the edge design.

I still haven't decided if I will cut away the thin strip that is on the foredge so that there are only a bottom and top tab that leads into the pattern. The weakest part of the page is this thin strip. I am afraid that if I leave it intact that it will tear away on its own after repeated use.

Option 2

No comments: