Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Iron Craft Challenge #9--Love Postcard



For this challenge we are asked to visit the sewing notions of our local craft store or the sewing supplies at home. I knew that I wanted to do something with string art especially since I knew that I had loads of embroidery thread lying around in my studio. Of course, when it came time to locate it, it was nowhere to be found.  I substituted bookbinding thread instead.

I had all kinds of grandiose plans for this project but fell behind because there is filming of a major motion picture happening at our theater so I have been working nights again.

I had these postcards left over from another year and decided to embellish them with string art hearts. These are made from watercolored hot press paper. The sentiment is ink jet printed on the front and the word love is gocco screen printed on the back.

I cut out a paper heart and used it for the outline to punch the holes for the string art. Unfortunately, the heart is a little too abstract for my tastes but I couldn't figure out how to make it more pronounced. But under the circumstances, I am please with the way that it turned out.

1 comment:

Just Crafty Enough said...

It's funny, I think the heart looks abstract on the Love side but is very clear on the other side, maybe it's the color.