Wednesday, May 22, 2013

DreamScapes


I have been asked to participate in a juried art show and I have been having a hard time trying to create something that I would be proud to submit. There are two categories of pieces that are being requested--those from established artists (who have had major shows in the United States) and those who are non-established artists who have not. I clearly fall into the second category.

The concept of the art show is Dreams. I decided to submit a piece similar to the above--what I am calling The DreamScape Series. This is DreamScape1. The pieces will be dedicated to my nights of insomnia when my brain just doesn't seem to want to escape to sleep. My description for the catalog will read:

"Dedicated to that time of night when my brain tries to fall asleep but refuses to let go of the day's thoughts, feelings and emotions. This is a cutout silhouette based on a lone existing childhood photo and represents my insomniac mind as I try to fall asleep and dream. Are these thoughts inside my head, dreams waiting to happen, or just rambling ideas waiting to be mounted on paper?"

The silhouette is mounted on hand marbled paper featuring metallic acrylic paints.


No comments: