Friday, April 5, 2013

On My Bookshelf


I apologize for the tardiness of this post but life got in the way of blogging this week and especially today. I usually try to have my posts appear at 8:00 am every morning but today was just a little too busy to make that happen.

Anyway--today's book is one of my favorite books in my collection and I am so happy to share it with you--Image Transfer Workshop by Darlene Olivia McElroy & Sandra Duran Wilson. I have always been obsessed with image transfers. Since I don't draw, image transfers have always been my go to source when I wanted to use other pieces of art in my art journaling, card making or creative mail. The wonderful aspect about this book is that the chapters are each dedicated to a general method of image transfer: Glues and Mediums, Heat, Solvents and Everything Else.

There are plenty of hints, suggestions, and inspirational projects for everyone. The one aspect about image transfers is that some methods work better for some people than for others. With this book, you can experiment with different methods until you find (1) one that you like and/or (2) one that works for you.

This book is a must have for all people interesting in fine arts, collage, crafting, paper crafting, scrapbooking, and/or journaling.

Full Disclosure: Neither Amazon.com nor the authors have provided any compensation for this review. This book was purchased off the shelf without a personal perusal before purchase.

No comments: