Monday, March 25, 2013

Eggs 3--Striped (Taped) Eggs


Here are the results of the striped eggs that I mentioned yesterday. There were a variety of different levels of success but overall I would have liked there to be more distinction among the stripes. One of the beauties of working with this technique is you can over-dye the eggs if you don't like them. The different types of tape that I used just didn't seal very well. You can tell by looking at the egg in the center. I used masking tape and drafting tape for this project. In the past, I used auto-detailing tape and it worked wonderfully. I wasn't prepared this year and forgot to order it so I was looking for some substitutions.

Today, I am a little haphazard because I am working on three projects at the same time. I needed to post this entry, blow out more eggs for another project and I am getting ready to start a new project based on resist dying of eggs. I will attempt more striped eggs using a different tape, but I also will be using rubber cement to make patterns on the white eggs before dying them with a base coat.

Plus, I am hosting the Iron Craft Challenge #7 and I have still yet to finish my own Iron Craft #6 Challenge but I already know what I am going to do so it is just a matter of executing it.

No comments: