Friday, February 8, 2013

No More White Pages--Part3

This week, I wanted to share my NY Journal for the Sketchbook Project that I mentioned in an earlier post. I shared with you in a separate post that I was using colored pencils to add a background to the pages so I would find it easier to begin the journal.

What I didn't realize at the time was that I needed to make complimentary sets of pages that would work together rather than a single spread. Once I was experimenting with the pages, I realized that when coloring a single page that the left side of the page would not appear next to the right side of the page while in the book. I realized the error early in the process which was a blessing in disguise.

Once I did one set of backgrounds, I would then do a coordinating page that would appear next to it.

This will be the title page. The chipboard cover comes with the sketchbook
Greens and yellows
Dusty Rose coloring (My mom's favorite china pattern)
Muddied colors

No comments: