Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Iron Craft Challenge--Week 4












This week's Iron Craft Challenge was to make "something inspired by a movie or television show" so I decided to make something associated with the Oscar awards--well not really.

You see,  life got in the way this time around so this was a last minute project that I had thought about but had put in my idea book for later. I was going to do a cool wax paper transfer of a James Dean stencil that I have been working on but just ran out of time. I was going to cut out the stencil and then airbrush it onto a tank top for this Spring/Summer when the weather got a little warmer. Maybe time running out was punishment for thinking about warmer weather.



My lack of available time wasn't totally my fault. I had allocated plenty of time to complete the project but my friends totally messed up my schedule. I was supposed to cook for an Oscar Night dinner party that some of my friends were hosting. They had requested a particular menu based on asparagus and eggs. I had three courses planned for eight people. When I arrived at 5 pm to start cooking (I had already prepped the meal at home) my friends informed me that there were now going to be 22 people coming and that they wanted to do the meal buffet style. I was in scramble mode (no pun intended) as I sent my friends out shopping for the additional items. I was so tired by the time that I finished Sunday that I couldn't even think about completing the original project.

So, using the Oscar Awards as a basis, I did a simple all occasion card that reads "and the winner is. . ." *. On the inside, it reads ". . .YOU." It is a simple card without embellishment but I think it works. I can't decide if I like the larger or small font. The card fits in a traditional sized business envelope.



* Yes, I know--the politically correct phrase is "And the Oscar goes to . . ."

2 comments:

Just Crafty Enough said...

Oh my gosh, cooking for 8 and cooking for 22 are hugely different things! That is not a fun surprise. Good for you for pulling something out.

Jinxy said...

Wow I'm impressed that you recovered enough from cooking for almost triple what you were supposed to, and actually go a craft done. I'd still be in jail.

Very cute idea, didn't they used to say "And the winner is?"