Friday, July 6, 2012

Ornament #2

For this week's ornament we were asked to make a star ornament out of toothpicks. Of course, I had to make a paper variation.


I cut two stars out of black paper. I kept the interior star for a later project. I wanted a cut out in the middle so that the colored lights from the tree could shine through.  The middle piece is a patterned vellum paper that is shaped as a border for the star. Instead of being a border, it becomes the middle piece of the ornament.

The possibilities are endless with this ornament. The paper could be a different color, The vellum could be a different color or a different pattern. This could be used as a gift tag or an added bonus to a present--a gift and an ornament.

To show the full effect, I had to break out my holiday lights. Here is a rough idea what the star would look like on a tree.


1 comment:

kat said...

Oh, I didn't realize the middle was see-thru, cool