Monday, June 4, 2012

Practicing for Iron Craft Challenge 11


For Challenge 11, we were asked to feature typography. For those who have been following along know that I have always loved typography and have always enjoyed combining paper cutting and typography. These are two letters dedicated to the organizers of Iron Craft challenges--Kat and Susi.

This alphabet was designed in France around 1870. I cut out the original letter and then cut out a border in the opposite color. These actually aren't my contributions for this week. Instead, I did a letter R from a classic French silhouette alphabet from the 19th century.

I can't decide if I like the red on black or the black on red.

2 comments:

kat said...

Those are gorgeous! I'm honored you would do them with our initials. Both are pretty but I think the red on black is really striking.

Just Crafty Enough said...

Those are amazing. My husband is fanatical about type face as well. And I have to say, it has really opened my eyes to lovely things.
I like the red on black just slightly more. I thought that was because it was the "s" so there was there subliminal attraction there. But maybe not?
Thanks Dr.! Always fun to see your work.