Sunday, April 1, 2012

Box a Week Challenge--Box #6


This week's box challenge was one of my favorites and one of my most difficult--not in style but in execution. I decided to make an orange (favorite color) square (very difficult) box.

My favorite color has been well documented on this blog. I love and hate making square boxes only because everything has to be precise and it is too easy to get the pieces mixed up because they look to be the same size.

Although the side pieces theoretically need to be the same size, in reality two sides are slightly (1 board thickness) long that the other two sides. This is done so that the pieces fit together. Also, all the pieces must fit perfectly because the lids, inserts, and base all have to be perfect squares so that all the pieces fit together to give you correct reveal on the lid and the base.

No comments: