Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day Mystery Cards


Sorry for the lack of posts recently but Valentine's Day crept up on me and I was unprepared. I made several one of a kind cards that I will be sharing with you soon (of course, I can't post them here until after the big day as not to ruin the surprise for the lucky recipients).


I do want to share with you a project that I have been working on which has really been taking up my time. After reading the blog of one of my favorite art bloggers (Dude Craft), I came across this entry and wanted to do an anonymous, feel good project for Valentine's Day. I came up with mini-valentine's cards that people could leave for those they love. They are small mini-envelope sized cards that are empty on the inside so that an inscription can be left for any occasion. I used to leave them for other people and I called them "just because" cards.


For this project, I bundled up five different cards with envelopes in white tissue paper with the explanation sticker showing and left them throughout NYC. I left them at my theater, at grocery stores, at the library, and at several bookstores--all anonymously. There are over 120 Love Note packages (that's 600 individual cards) floating around for people to find and use.


I just want people to share the love--whenever--not just for Valentine's Day.

2 comments:

luluvision said...

That is so sweet!! Happy Valentine's Day!

Grandma - Bear said...

That was a generous gift, great idea, esp. for NYC. I wonder what people thought when they found them.