Monday, January 10, 2011

Last Minute Profile #1--Finished



I am happy to say that I finished the coordinating journals that I talked about in this post. I am very happy with the way they turned out. Friend C was quite happy with them as well. I delivered the items on Saturday, January 8. I am starting to require more of my commission work to be paid through my Etsy store. I figure if my friends feel comfortable enough to request last minute work then they should feel comfortable helping me out my boosting my online sales. In all actuality, it lose a little bit of money by having them go through the Etsy store because I have to pay for listing feels, commissions, and credit card processing but I feel that a better online presence will help when it comes to IRS and tax time.



Here is the bride's journal. The yellow Prestige paper is brighter than probably shows here (all computer monitors are different). There is a gold metallic ink on the paper so that it shimmers when the light hits.


Here is the groom's book. Even though it has the Prestige paper on it (used as book cloth here), I think that it still has a very masculine look. The book actually feels very luxurious in the hand. The decorative paper has a very matte look to it which I believe adds to the look.

All in all, I am very pleased with the finished product and Friend C is happy as well.

No comments: