Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Playing with Paint


The page on the right used what I thought were watercolor crayons. The page was painted with the crayons. I then added a layer of white Gesso (thinking that the wet product would disperse the paint in the watercolor crayons that everyone was using on You Tube). Well, that didn't necessarily happen. I wiped off the white Gesso which whitewashed the crayons. I then tinted white Gesso with a couple of drops of blue liquid acrylic and coated the page with that. I then wiped off the blue wash to get the effect that you see. It isn't exactly what I was hoping for but I will be able to use it.

The page on the right was based coated with white Gesso. I then used alcohol inks to apply color. I daubed the color around with paper towels.



No comments: