Thursday, July 23, 2009

Another Swap


(l) front view of the postcard
(r) back view of the postcard

This was a swap that I hosted called Receive your own postcard Swap. Your partner sent you bits and pieces of their favorite supplies and you made a postcard from them and sent the finished card to the owner.

The front of the card uses an image that my partner sent. I cropped the photo and edited the background. I then printed it out on a transparency. The card is layered with a blue and green wash paper (she had sent samples of these two colors). The fish is cut out of newsprint style paper. Once the overlay was applied, I put a single googlie eye on the fish.

My partner also sent a used postage stamp from Australia that featured this frog. I liked the image so much, I decided to decorate the back side of the postcard as well. I scanned the postage stamp and then edited the colors so that they would appear as a washout.

My swap partner liked her postcard very much.

1 comment:

luluvision said...

What a cute idea for a swap!

FYI, if you have a mustache my friend Pete might be interested! ;-)