Sunday, June 21, 2009

Another Book


I found out that one of my friends is quiting his job to go on tour with an entertainment company. His job is giving him a going away party and I needed to come up with a quick gift to bring. I decided to throw together a lined journal to give him.

This book is the first time that I tried to do wrapped corners. The book is covered in black bookcloth. The decorative paper is a marbled paper from a famous artist. I have to say that I am very happy with the way this book turned out.

For this book, I decided to follow all of the rules and not use any of the short cuts that people use just to finish a project. Rather than rush the project, I let each step dry under pressure like you are supposed to do. I lined the boards rather than paste in all of the steps immediately after each other.

The picture is a little crooked because I decided to scan the cover the book rather than photograph it. The bookcloth spine isn't as crooked as it appears in the picture.

No comments: