Monday, March 9, 2009

Fixing Messes--Part 3

I am sure that all of us have had that one project that simply stymies us. Working on it from the beginning poses problems due to construction or lack of materials or an overbearing client. This NY journal has been the bane of my existence since I have started it.

It really was a simple assignment. Mount 20 pictures and include descriptions or captions and send it to its recipient. Of course, I could have bought a photo album. Being a budding bookbinder that seemed silly. I thought that I would do a simple pamphlet stitch book and put it in a hard case and that would be the end of it.

Well, it weren't that easy (as we say in Texas). I finally have something to send and I am sure that the recipient will welcome it with open arms. For own editioned book, I will do a Japanese stab binding or some other photo album style book.

Here are sections of the book for you to see.


The endpapers. These are reproductions of NYC housing maps--Cavallini paper


The final photo in the album. This is one of my favorite NYC photos.

No comments: