Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Up to my elbows in . . .

HEARTS. I have hearts falling all over the place--even after I cleaned up my studio space. I found one in my shoe. I found one glue side up stuck to one of my socks. I am working on a series of "Quote" cards for Valentine's Day. Each card features a different quote about love. On the front of the card is a cut out of a heart. When you open the card, there is a die cut of a heart.

I had painted and textured some watercolor paper using a variety of techniques. I used modeling paste for texture, embedded some mulberry paper, used water colors and ink from the bottle for color. I poured salt on some of the water color pieces for texture and a small bit of glimmer and I used glossy Mod Podge for others. I then used these pages for the die cut hearts. After punching out all of the hearts, I was finding them everywhere.

What a mess.
BTW, those imperfect hearts on the bottom row where done on purpose. The card will read "I know I am not perfect . . . but will you still be my valentine?"

2 comments:

fingerstothebone said...

Ă…wwww...

Jodi Renshaw said...

Oohhh.... I love the "not perfect" idea. Well done.