Friday, February 20, 2009

More Swaps--Love Postcard

I have joined several new swaps on Swap-bot and I am hosting some swaps as well. I am hosting swaps in the Handmade Postcard group. I was going to host a swap based on colors but switched to a swap based on Emotions. Every month, a new swap will be hosted based on emotions. For February, we had two cards due. The emotions for the months of January and February were Love and Joy. We had two postcards to make because I started the swap late and want to have 12 different postcards by the end of the year.

The Emotion for March is Awe.

With Valentine's Day over, I can now start to concentrate on making these postcards. I have the cards designed in my head but I just need to execute the design. I have decided to make these postcards out of Arches watercolor paper.

For the Love card, I am doing a watercolor wash for the background. I then plan on using an overlay with printed images (either a copy of the wedding section of the NY Times or a Love Quote from my Valentine's series). I then plan to collage some hearts on the card.

For the reverse side of the card, I want to Gocco Print the work LOVE in large letters across the entire card in an iridescent ink so I can write a message and address across the image.

I will let you know how it all turns out.

No comments: