Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I can be so dense

Here I have been busting my butt to get all of my Valentine's projects done. I have been working until about 4:00 am, taking a nap, getting up at 8:00 am so I can get to work between 9 and 10. My studio is a mess. I have projects drying flat, I have projects hanging to dry and I have clothes drying in the restroom.

All of this so that I could have all of my Valentine's projects completed by Wednesday so everyone can deliver them for Valentine's Day on Thursday!

But guess what? Freaking Valentine's Day isn't until SATURDAY. Why didn't I know this?

For some unknown reason, I have been running crazy thinking that Valentine's Day was this Thursday. All I had to do was look on the calendar to find out. But NOOOOOOOO that would have been too easy. My boss asked me if he could get his Valentine's Day card early on Friday because he wanted to leave the office by noon and wanted to take his card home so he could give it to his wife on Saturday morning. I looked at him and said "Have you been drinking--I'll have it for you on Wednesday so you can give it to her on Thursday." At which point, he tells me to go look at a calendar and decide who had been drinking.

So, I went to bed early last night and had dreams of dancing hearts.

1 comment:

Jodi Renshaw said...

Funny! Hooray for some unexpected more time to get the jobs done :)