Thursday, November 13, 2008

I Got Nothin' for Ya

Tina (see here) challenges everyone to post 5 personal things about themselves. Following her lead, and since I haven't already posted today, I decided to comply with her wishes. Here are five things that you might not already know about me:
  • I love peanut butter and banana sandwiches (chunky peanut butter with sliced bananas on wheat bread).
  • I love to swim. I try to swim 5 days a week at the pool.
  • I love Frito Lay Bean dip. Unfortunately, I can't get it here in NYC. I tried to take some with me on a plane and was detained at the security check in because I wouldn't throw it away. I ate the whole can in front of them to prove that it wasn't a security threat (and then farted all the way through the metal detector--just for them).
  • I am addicted to creative channels on TV (Bravo, HGTV, Food Network).
  • I love Pace picante sauce (original brand--not the chunky brand) in any of the three levels of heat.
  • Old jobs: caterer, full time college professor, Williams Sonoma visual merchandiser, Christmas tree decorator, personal shopper
  • I like scented soap. I live for Copa soaps and artisanal soaps.
  • I have travelled to all continents except Antarctica
  • I used to be in the U.S. Navy
  • I have tried to learn to knit on 4 different occasions.

So there you have it--five (actually ten things you might not know about me).

1 comment:

Jodi Renshaw said...

I am laughing out loud about the Frito Lay dip! You are a riot. I wish I was there!!!

Once, after 9/11, my turkish husband was detained before boarding a plane. He looked over at me while being led away and shrugged his shoulders as if to say "Why Me?" ... so I shouted as loud as I could ... "Honey, its your Arab uni-brow. I told you to shave that thing so you wouldn't be noticed!!" He was embarrassed, but I was giggling like crazy.

Anyway, I enjoy getting to know you this way ...

Love,
Jodi

PS I can't knit either.